Sunday 7 April 2019

Aberdeen South constituency news



Please come here Gail, I have a question! I see our MP has put his newsletter through the door. It says he's quite wonderful. What do you make of that?

Well Bertie, in general, Members of Parliament find it expedient to remind their constituents of their existence when they fear that an election might be pending.

So you'd vote for him next time then would you? After all, he says he's campaigning for a fair share of government cash for Aberdeen. That has to be good, doesn't it?

Harrumph...

Why are you harrumphing Gail?

Well Bertie, have you noticed that in this newsletter, our MP is entirely silent on by far the most significant issue facing the nation right now? Not a single mention of the 'B' word.

How very puzzling Gail. Why on earth would he not want to be talking about Brexit?

Bertie, one does not, I think, have to be Sherlock Holmes to find the answer to this particular conundrum. Ross Thomson is the Scottish Conservative's biggest cheerleader for a 'hard' Brexit, but represents a constituency, Aberdeen South, which voted 68% in favour of remaining in the EU.

Hmm. Yes, even I, a dog, can see that might be a problem for him. But look Gail, he is supporting a ban on electric shock collars for us pups. Is that not just as important?

I am sorry to be so cynical my lad, but it strikes me as a desperate attempt to, er, 'collar' the dog owner vote. He'll be out kissing babies next. And for sure he's hoping that everyone's forgotten about those reports of him being ejected from a House of Commons bar late at night a couple of months ago, accused of being drunk and of 'inappropriate touching' of other men in the bar.

Wow. It seems to me that the more one knows about Mr Thompson the less inclined one would be to vote for him. Oh dear Gail, whatever happened to that nice Anne Begg from Labour who used to be MP round here? A thoroughly admirable person. Maybe she could be persuaded to stand again?

Oh Bertie, if only.

Look, I found this on Anne Begg's Twitter feed. Our readers might be bored of us going on about Brexit but I'm thinking they will enjoy listening to Anne's friend Alastair Campbell playing bagpipes.

13 comments:

  1. Bertie - His other name is 'SNP gain'. Can you figure out why ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is important that you and Gail stay so informed on these important matters. Politicians can we tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Bertie and Gail ...we over here on this side of the Pond appreciate that you two are in formed so we are informed. Bertie aren't you glad pups don't have to deal with all the ins and outs and trials and tribulations of Politics? As for bag pipes I do so love them.
    I suspect it is that wee bit of Southern Scottish I have running through my veins. I am heading over right this very second.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed Mr. Campbell's short and sweet break from the madness!!
    Bertie forgive me I also meant to say what a fine picture that is of you and your WFT tail.
    Hugs C

    ReplyDelete
  5. You get a newspaper? We usually get a leaflet with our MP smiling with a group of seniors, sports kids, farmers...etc. around Christmas time. We think they may be photoshopped...not that we're cynics or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bertie....3rd time is a charm... just came back to see if my senior mind remembered to compliment you and your assistant on your lovely new Header?
    If not, I will say it now I really like it and the pop of red posies..but mostly your handsome WFT face
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trying to keep up with politics here or on your side of the pond can make your head spin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hari om
    Yess well... prior to departing the Hutch, our local chap M. Russell Esq., stuck his look-at-me paper thru the door. I had a ferry to catch so no time to read it. Shame, eh? Just don't know what I'll be coming back to. Hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Inappropriate touching? Ya shure he ain't one of ours? BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my...pawlitics can be so very slippery!
    xoxo,
    Rosy, Jakey & Arty

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness you have a lot to think about over there! We all have crazy politics on either side of the pond!
    And thanks to your mom for sending such a nice message to my mom...she appreciated it!

    Your friend Kiki



    Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi hi hi! Ojo here! Almost all of that went over my head, except the part about banning e-collars. I have never worn one, but some Dogs have told me about them. Some people are trying to get them banned here too! About all the rest of that, I think if this person just brought bacon to everyone he could most easily get re-elected, don't you?

    ReplyDelete