Thursday 25 April 2019

Sharing is caring

On the way home to Aberdeen on Easter Monday, we took a small diversion to Portsoy to visit Gail's friend Dave and his "labradoodle" Jasper. Another guest, Henry the "some sort of spaniel", was also there to greet us (noisily) in the garden.

We had finally caught up with the heatwave that the rest of the country had been revelling in all weekend, and Portsoy is famous for, amongst other things*, its ice cream shop. In these circumstances, on a Bank Holiday, I understand that humans are permitted a mid afternoon indulgence.

I want you to note carefully what is happening in the photo below.


Yes, what you see is Dave generously offering each of us dogs a third of his ice cream wafer, before tucking into his tub containing one scoop of raspberry mallow and one scoop of Belgian chocolate ice cream.

What a fine example he sets.

I need hardly tell you that Gail scoffed her ice cream and her wafer, not thinking one minute to share until there were just a few thin smears of wild strawberry and caramel latte flavour remaining in her tub.

I hope by next time she will have learned some better manners from her friend.

*Portsoy is also famous for its annual Scottish Traditional Boat Festival, and for being the closest town to the RAF base from where Gail's father flew Mosquitos in the latter part of WW2.


15 comments:

  1. oooh that was nice to offer you ice cream...YAY for Dave. and what an interesting place, full of history....

    ReplyDelete
  2. My momma usually lets me have a lick. I think I deserve more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr Dave is a very generous man. I betcha that Gail shares with you next time, Bertie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice pit stop you had there with Dave and the pups. Bertie you know I love you dearly and am one of your biggest fans.....BUT I MUST SIDE with Gail. I don't share my I SCREAM. I care but I don't share.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari om
    OMD Bertie lad, you post this on the very day that yours truly visits Brighton Beach (Adelaide) on a very warm day and succumbs to the lure of ice cream - and wishes she had a wee dug to share it with!!! Just the end of the cone, mind, with the runny remains... hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx (who loves Portsoy)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're glad to hear someone shared with you pups. Gail must have been very hungry to not share any of hers with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He sounds like a great friend to share with all of you
    hugs
    Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stellar example to all animal peeps. We hope Gail was observing, but fear she was concentrating on her own icecream…..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ice cream????? We are glad that nice gentleman was willing to share - our Dad is very good about sharing his ice cream, but the Momster - not so much.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do believe we may need to share this far and wide. All our peeps could learn A LOT from Dave!
    xoxo,
    Arty, Jakey & Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good point my furiend! I thinks Ma is super duper stingy with her IScream too! MAYBE I gets a lick or seven, butts not enough to really gets a good taste. I thinks I need Dave on this side of the pond too!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Da Momma dinn't share? Dat just ain't right.

    Dat's just plain WRONG.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bertie - not to be offered the wafer legally counts as cruel and unusual punishment. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmmm, that sounds like it was a delicious outing! I never get any ice cream either, my mom keeps it all to herself because I am on a diet, so she gives me a carrot. Not the same, right?

    Kiki

    ReplyDelete