Sunday 8 January 2012

Mango Minster Entry 2012: Bertie the Great Adventurer

This year I am entering the 'Adventure Animals' category in the awesome cyber dog show extravaganza that is Mango Minster 2012. (I am so totally over the whole Cracker Dog phase. Really.)

Now it feels ever so slightly demeaning to have to explain why I should be considered the top Adventure Animal. But Gail has persuaded me to set out the reasons, despite the fact that, to even the most casual reader of this blog, they will already be clear beyond dispute.

Let's see now.....

I have Sir Edmund Hillary's head for heights:

It cuts no ice with me that I am not a husky. My skills in polar conditions rival those of Amundsen, Shackleton and Peary:

When it comes to deserts, I could kick sand in the eyes of Lawrence of Arabia:

I would presume to teach Livingstone and Stanley a thing or two about exploring rivers:

The Sheriff of Nottingham would be all a quiver, had he to contend with me as well as Robin Hood:

I feel a sublime affinity with John Muir after passing by train through his birthplace, Dunbar, last July. (No Gail that is not tenuous, there's no need to be all superior, just because you once spent two weeks in Yosemite):

My deep and abiding interest in science and geology would have made me a natural selection to accompany Darwin on his Beagle adventure:

In the matter of giant leaps, I am second only to Neil Armstrong:



Living in a port city, I could go the whole nine yards with Captain Cook, Christopher Columbus, Magellan, John Cabot, Sir Walter Raleigh...


So.

I think you will agree that I can stand tall alongside the world's great adventurers.

Not to mention the inevitable motley crew of also-ran canine co-contestants....

26 comments:

  1. Definitely the right category for you Bertie!!! You have so many, varied adventures.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are almost certainly right Bertie. However, the lady on the train in that midle photograph looks decidedly uninterested. Perhaps you should have gone over to introduce yourself ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bertie you definitely qualify as an extreme adventure doggy :D Bone Chance in the competition my fearless furiend :D

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh brilliant entry Bertie. We have you down as one of the Great Adventurers! Good Luck.

    Big Nose Pokes
    The Thugletsx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's a fine entry Bertie!!

    Tail Wuggles, Rubie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You're so bwave!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made that most clear, Bertie, you are definitely an adventurer. Good luck in the Mangominster finals!

    Kisses,
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very strong entry, Bertie! As Roo said, Bone Chance!!

    -Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Bertie, you have my vote. What an adventurer you are I particularly love your Lawrence of Arabia impression

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have so many talents and been to so many places {sigh}

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yea Bertie you is the number ONE Adventurer!

    woos, Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are definitely Blogvilles adventurer
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have adventured far and wide, high and low for such a young doggie. The only thing missing is an actual shot of you walking on the moon. We wish you the best of British luck and whatever the Scottish equivalent is, young Bertie.

    Jed & Abby

    ReplyDelete
  14. You ARE a wild-eyed adventurer Bertie - wow! Great good luck to you! A wonderful entry!
    xoxox
    Sammie and Avalon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bertie, you sure know how to get around, we are so super jealous of all your amazing adventures!
    Good luck in the contest!

    Slobbers
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a whole lot of adventure for one wirey dog! You should do a travel show!

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant entry. You make an excellent case. I can't argue with it. I wouldn't dare.

    Love and licks, Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gosh you have had lots of wonderful adventures, I would love to accompany you on your expeditions. Especially the one to Sherwood Forest. ~Arty Mouse

    ReplyDelete
  19. He he Bertie it looks like the Adventurer category was made for you...and maybe George the Lad! BabyRD will probably never get over her cracker dog phase, but I am more serious. Loved seeing your agility leaps. I just started agility training myself and really like it. Especially the treats!
    WelshieHugs,
    Hootie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Some lovely photos of you Bertie, I'll be voting for you ;)your sure to win
    See yea George xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, Bertie, that was a Most Excellent entry. You are One Adventurous Doggie, for sure! You've explored mountains, and deserts, and oceans. That is mighty impressive, for sure! And all those pictures of your adventures are just super wonderful!

    Good luck in the competition!

    Wiggles & Wags,
    Mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bertie,

    Fantastic, clever entry! You give Shackleton and his crew a run for the money!

    Keep on Wagging.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Impressive, Bertie. Down right impressive. (But we knew that all along)

    Jake and Fergi (wish we were judges ... you'd win your category for sure)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Bertie..Nice to visit you in Blighty..gosh what an adventurous chap you are and with such legendary references as you inspiration..I love the rambling scenes and the train travel..you are one trepid explorer..Congratualtions and great to find you. Aroofs from across the water in France. Zola the Ridgeback Girl (I'm not happy with my human for putting me in the Bad Sports category..HUMPF!)

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are very adventurous. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete