Monday 30 November 2020

Frosty morning bonus walk

Do you ever take a peek at your human's phone to find out what's going on? I did on Saturday morning and saw this on the WhatsApp. 


It was all looking rather promising. Especially when Gail joined in the conversation.


So a group of six - one dog and five humans - met in socially-distanced fashion in the Banchory Tesco car park and, gosh, we had such a lovely walk along the River Dee and up Scolty Hill. Thanks Muriel for leading the way! I'll admit that Gail and I are both slightly relieved you shortened your usual 14 mile route ... And I hope I didn't hold things up too much with all my sniffing.

Later on the phone.


I'm sure my readers would like to see the full size photo of my handsome self pausing to enjoy the winter sunshine by the river. This was early afternoon, by which time the ice had all melted.

Between you and me, I'm looking forward to lots more frosty mornings!

18 comments:

  1. you were da winner of that day... well done...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay - you got to go too, Bertie! I love frosty mornings too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bertie well done on capturing the WhatsUp app for us. Great technology and quick way to organize 5 humans. Of course you are up for a walk you are one well dressed and prepared K9. I hope the smell mail was top notch.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers are sparkling and beautiful in that sunshine. So happy that you got to go out the stop people and walk and enjoy sniffing. I would like to have just one person to walk with and 5 would just be wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're glad they let you go with them, Bertie. It looks like you were enjoying yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bertie, I'm so glad that they took you with them! You had such a lovely walk in the sunshine.
    We've all got to enjoy ourselves when we can these days, and we are both lucky that we don't have too many restrictions at the moment.

    Love,
    Inca xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so lucky to have friends join you on walks and cycling; I miss that, not residing in a place I would call "home."

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love frosty mornings. So happy that you (and Gail) were able to go on that beautiful walk. First day of summer here....supposed to be 44°C, we can only dream of frost zoomies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Frosty mornings are the best, but I am a husky, so I do like it cold! Looks like a wonderful time was had by all, good to socialize when you can these days!

    Your friend Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Score! What a nice surprise that must have been and what a gorgeous hike!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Bertie, you're looking so well, and so handsome! Mum and I hope you enjoy many more frosty walks with Gail. Personally I would rather curl up in front of the fire and get my tummy tickled, not that I'm lazy... Findlay xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done, Bertie. And we like that Muriel, she likes you and that makes us smile.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  13. When you can do something normally now it is a great victory.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoy a good frosty walk too Bertie :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Frost for the win! There are such good sniffs when it is frosty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Always happy to have Bertie join us for a walk....he's a wee charmer

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi friend! Ojo here! You are very handsome indeed on your frosty morning walk! Also you clearly have the best coat, far superior to the humans!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sure you're always welcome Bertie

    ReplyDelete