Thursday 19 September 2019

Please help with my wardrobe dilemma!



Friends, I have a favour to ask of you today.

As you know, next month I am chaperoning Gail on a big trip to visit Renate and Michael, our friends in Germany.

We shall be travelling by train and ferry, and so, although not subject to airline luggage weight restrictions, Gail says we'll have to pack light as everything we need for the two week holiday must fit in her backpack.

As a result, my holiday wardrobe is to be restricted to two bandanas.

Obviously, I shall be wearing my personalised European Union flag neckerchief most of the time. But even the most pro-EU pup needs a change of attire every once in a while, and gosh I am having a dilemma trying to decide which one of my half dozen other bandanas to take along.

Please help me choose! I know you are thinking that these wee cotton squares weigh almost nothing and surely Gail could fit all six in her rucksack, but believe me, she can be very firm when it comes to such issues, and so I really do need to settle on just the one.

Oh and perhaps you could also tell me why you think a particular colour or design would be most suitable. I really would appreciate your input...


PS Gail says fretting over what to pack weeks in advance of departure is a sure sign I am now a 'senior' dog. I am not sure this is meant nicely! 

20 comments:

  1. the second from left is super pawsome, i looks like your flag and we love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for the sugar skulls. Brings out da badass in ya (and us terrierists are ALL badasses) and is a multicultural celebration as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Bertie lad, I second the Weim-bros pick; the saltire would be a grand match to the EU one, as - after all - the Bonny Land prevailingly wishes to remain in the said Union. (We'll not get into the state of that 'other' union...I wish to remain your pal.) Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We like the holly and berries. It looks very autumnish to us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dark red, Bertie. Brings out you handsome colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The one that matches your eyes ~ yep that is the one.
    Your Friend
    Wills

    ReplyDelete
  7. We like the red polka dot and pick the darker red as a second choice. That way you have two different color choices (blue or red). Another thing to consider is how your bandanas coordinate with Gail's outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But no-one even notices Gail when I am there with her!
      Toodle pip!
      Bertie.

      Delete
  8. I think that blue looks smashing against your furs! You should take the Scottish flag one, for when you get homesick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, Bertie definitely the Saltire one. That way you show solidarity with your own country, and the EU too. No Unions Jacks though - in the light of recent events you will not be very popular - they might not even let you in !
    Have you learned any German yet?
    Love,
    Inca xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bertie....per chance could you convince Gail to let you pack 2. I'm especially fond of the red and white polka dot BUT I really and truly think you need to have the navy one with the white trim too is very nautical. It will be purrfect the days you are on the Ferry.
    I will petition on your behalf.

    Deareast Gail could you pretty please find room in your sack or even perhaps the pocket on your coat for just one more itty bitty Bertie bandana? Thank you in advance for any consideration you can give to this request.
    sincerely president of Bertie's fan club.
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  11. We would go for the blues...rather nautical in our opinion. Though with the EU bandana, perhaps the cherry red as a contrast. We're sure no one will really notice your bandanas when they're looking at your handsome self.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd say make a fashion statement with the deep red autumn colors. A nice contrast to the blue of the EU flag.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are going to go out on a limb and suggest you have Gail buy you a brand new bandana...one to remember the trip by, perhaps?!

    Of course, you may have noticed that we have a bit of an addiction to neckerchiefs and bandanas and may be just a bit bias :-).

    xoxo,
    Rosy, Jakey & Arty

    ReplyDelete
  14. we are no help - you would look most handsome in any of them
    hugs
    Mabel & Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okays, I vote for the blue one with the white stripe. It is very jaunty, and I thinks it will show off your furs, AND, it will not show as much dirt..shall you decide to roll in somethings...heheheheee
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think the ones with the white dots make you look sophisticated

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bertie - stick with the blue and white saltire look alike. Classic understatement never goes out of canine fashion !

    ReplyDelete
  18. We like your blue and white saltire too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We are just jealous that you have a wardrobe to choose from! We wear the same stupid collars everyday! We like the blue and white too..it will look snappy!

    Your unfashionable friends Kiki and Rosie

    ReplyDelete