To celebrate Gail's return from her Mexico holiday, I took her yesterday for a walk through farmland near the Deeside Gliding Club.
It was a excellent opportunity to remind her why she should be pleased to be home in Scotland.
In case they're not obvious, let me list some of the reasons:
- Walks are more fun with your favourite WFT for company.
- The air in the North of Scotland is clean and free of pollution.
- The ground is soft beneath the paws/feet.
- There is no danger of dehydration.
- Pale and freckly skinned humans can venture outdoors without slathering themselves in Factor 50 sunblock.
- We have 'right to roam' laws throughout our beautiful and uncrowded land.
- There will be a nearby café selling tea made in a proper teapot, and you don't have to ask for milk.
- Your WFT will bounce up on your lap for a nice cuddle when you put your feet up at the end of the walk.
Oh yes, and finally, you can go for dip in the river Dee without fear of encountering any of these guys...
Wishing all my lovely readers a Happy, Peaceful (and crocodile-free) New Year!