Monday 6 November 2017

What goes in Macduff stays in Macduff

So Gail and I spent the weekend in Macduff, staying with her nice friends Molly and Neil.

Neil and Molly, and their lurcher pup Maisie, live in an old house overlooking the harbour, just downhill from the church which forms a distinctive landmark in these parts.

I'll be honest with you, early on Saturday morning I was initially a bit miffed when Gail and Neil disappeared to meet up for a bike ride with the Deveron Cycling Club.

But then I realised that I'd get to spend the morning unsupervised with pretty Maisie!

I hope I shall not be accused of inappropriate language if I mention that both Maisie and I are happily still in possession of our full reproductive organs.

When Gail returned from her chilly bike ride, she asked, slightly nervously I thought, "Now you have been a good boy, haven't you Bertie?"

I tried my best to look inscrutable (not a look which comes naturally to a wire-haired fox terrier)...

12 comments:

  1. bertie that was THE chance oh yes! the mama is a big fan or lurchers...specially after she read how they got their name and for what this pups were used once ;O))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo, we hope neither of you is the kiss and tell sort. Your secret is safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bertie MacDuff is a very very very gorgeous area. OMCs look at those view. Mom said she'd surely wreck her bike because she would be looking everywhere but at the road.
    OMCs thank goodness Molly was there to chaperone you to wild childs. Maisie is quite a lovely lady. We are not familiar with a lurcher though.
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh Bertie we just google Lurcher and OMCs we had know idea about them but they surely have some fine dnas and OMCs they can be 35-100 lbs. Whoa baby good thing you made friends while Maisie is a pup
    Hugs madi

    ReplyDelete
  5. We would be more than happy to help with one "oops" if you do not have enough applicants from Scotland

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bertie and Maisie sitting in a tree, k.i.s.s.i.n.g and then a little more beside but we won't spoil the rhyme. Glad you enjoyed yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hari OM
    Oh my word... Bertie lad, if there is news, I might be tempted to help out with homing... But I am sure you were the pawfect gentledog. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh oh....I wonder just WHAT you two go up to UNSNOOPERVISED???????
    *Nod,nod,wink,wink*
    Say no more!!!!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh MY! We hope nothing comes out of your little adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bertie we bet you were the pawfect gentleman!
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  11. We know you and Molly most likely spent your time discussing world affairs!
    xoxo,
    Jakey, Arty & Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bertie - A Macduff legacy ?

    ReplyDelete