Sunday 20 March 2016

AmbassaDog in Training?


No soon as we'd returned from a magnificent couple of days with Aunty Yam in Dunoon than Gail was cracking the whip.

"Now Bertie it is time for you to be thinking seriously about your application to be Scotland's AmbassaDog. I'm sure that we can reference some of this weekend's adventures in support of the application. Perhaps you would like to share your thoughts on your first ever journey on a car ferry for example?"

Well I must confess I was a little apprehensive about this particular new experience.

Aunty Yam assured me we'd be on dry land again before you could say "roll on roll off" and it turned out she was right. But I have to say I was mighty pleased to place my paws on the solid ground of the Isle of Bute.

Now Gail is suggesting my friends might like to see the photos of my trip to Ettrick Bay, Bute, where I had fun with a new wee pal called Winnie.
And no, Winnie was not running rings round me. That video gives a totally false impression.

Some times I think Gail has no idea at all. Why she would think that watching the rugby on telly constituted any sort of highlight when MY (and Aunty Yam's) team Scotland lost to Ireland, and then we had to sit through some tedious contest involving England and France, which I slept through so don't quite remember the result…..

Well I am fast losing patience with Gail. Really, she is being a hindrance rather than a help with this AmbassaDog application thing. But to humour her, I asked her to choose the photos from this weekend that she thinks would most likely have my readers booking their flights to Scotland the minute they've finished reading the post.

So those are Gail's selections.

I CANNOT BELIEVE GAIL HAS LEFT OUT THE MOST THRILLING PLACE WE VISITED BY FAR!

Have you ever heard of the world famous Public Conveniences in Rothesay?

It costs a mere 30p for a tour round the most spectacular and beautiful men's urinals this land can boast.

Aren't they simply splendid? The marble, the polished brass, the glass cisterns. A must-see for sure.

And to think that next morning Gail was expecting me simply to cock my leg against some boring old tree again...


What is that, Gail, about this whole AmbassaDog thing being in danger of going pear shaped?

22 comments:

  1. 30 pee to see the urinals...BOL! Now, some of those shots are good, but we think you have some much better ones. Don't know that we'd like being on a ferry when you realise how deep and cold that water is!
    Good start on the Ambassadog application....keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it looks like you had a pawsome time and really worked hard on this AmbassaDog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    BOL... oh Bertie lad, from hand-made ceramic tile to plain ol' mossy wood toileting, eh? You neglected to point out that the latter had one of the best views possible from any toilet, whilst the Rothesay version tended to block any such vision of natural beauty!!! I think Gail's pix demonstrate your adventurous personality and community spirit... jus' sayin'... hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was quite the adventure you had with Aunty Yam

    ReplyDelete
  5. BOL BOL! Now a boring old tree will never do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you met Aunty Yam. How cool is that.

    Why I do think that is a beautiful men's bathroom for sure ...I'm old fashioned and prefer a good old familiar tree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bertie-
    You would be the best AmbassaDog!! You already are!
    Wyatt and Tegan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my...We definitely thing the best part about visiting Scotland would be meeting you Bertie!! Arty would also like to visit that sandy beach where you played with your new friend!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Bertie,

    We think you would make a fabulous Ambasadog! Good luck!!!

    Licks,
    Cobi

    ReplyDelete
  10. OHHHHHHHHHHHHH Bertie yay yay yay yay you and Gail and Aunty Yam had a wonderful time. OH CATS Aunty has a wonderful couch with lots of comfy spots and I LOVE her stuffies.
    MOL MOL MOL Winnie gave you a run for you money. She is quick as greased lightning.

    In my humble opinion, these photos are proff positive that you have all necessary traits to be awarded the title of AmbassaDog.
    Boats, fancy potties and meeting and greeting new pups
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay. So we told Our Dad about your contest and showed him your latest adventure. He says "not until after exams are graded Gussie." But he added "no dogs on that trip buddy." HUH!

    The first thing you MUST do as ambassadog is change those arcane and decrepit rules about quarantine for dogs!

    thank you
    Gussie


    ps. We still think you would be the greatest Ambassadog in the world, and did you pee in that lovely room? Tell me yes!

    Gussie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what Gussie? Gail said it was, on this one occasion, OK to pee inside, but I am such a clean and well trained pup I just could not bring myself to do it.
      Toodle pip!
      Bertie.

      Delete
  12. Bertie I would love to see that poop-lic convenience museum... I still have one pound... that's enough for 2 pee-ps and a dog, right?... oh wait, girls are not allowed and my mom is a girl... ha! now I can make the tour twice! pawsome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They let Gail in, but with her short hair she is always being mistaken for a boy anyway.

      Delete
  13. OMD Bertie.... you are Sooooo Famous and know So many fabulous Peeps... Like YAM Aunty... you are the AMBASSADOG FUR SURE.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Doggy Godson,

    I fully support your AmbassaDog application, which is objectively rock solid. Those photos would make anyone want to bounce all the way to Scotland!

    Wags,
    Tootsie

    Pee S.: DD says he's not sure you should use the photos of the Public Conveniences in Rothesay: as the Brexit threat looms, seeing you next to a bunch of (E)urinals might confuse people, or even... piss them off :))))

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh wow you are doing a great job you are definitely the ambassadog for sure

    ReplyDelete
  16. You paid to visit a men's urinals! Well I think that shows you would go above and beyond to do the job of AmbassaDog. You paid to visit a men's urinal, well that is one for the books Bertie for sure.
    Thanks for being a friend
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  17. Visiting old friends and making new ones--one of the great pleasures of life, Bertie! The urinal was, indeed, impressive, but, Bertie, what was that thing hanging on Auty Yam's wall that looks like a combination gun and vacuum cleaner?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      Bwwahahahah - that's my 'arm extender'!!! Being vertically challenged, the extra metre comes in 'handy'.... YAM xx

      Delete
  18. Hey! Our peeps take TONS of photos of where WE pee, why not visit places where THEY pee. Bertie, me an' mom are rooting for you, buddy!

    -Otto

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bertie, I think you would be the perfect Ambassadog for Scotland. In fact, seeing your photos makes me want to go again. Perhaps I can get Mara to change her ideas about Germany and go to Scotland instead this year.

    Brom from Norway (but on holiday in the Netherlands)

    ReplyDelete