Thursday 17 March 2016

A wee nose hat?

That's what the vet said she was going to strap around my head before giving me my annual health check and vaccinations.

A 'wee nose hat' indeed. The cheek of it!

And then she tried to make up for the insult to my person by telling Gail what a fine, healthy and muscular chap I am (as if we didn't know that already).

Well Gail might have been glowing with pride but it was going to take more than a few nice words and a gravy bone from the vet to restore my equanimity after all the poking and prodding.

Humph.


PS: It's not too late for you to write a reference in support of my 'Scotland AmbassaDog' application (see previous post for detail). And thank you so much to everyone who has already been so kind as to comment in such a lovely, and helpful, manner.

PPS: Oh I am once again SO EXCITED!  Gail and I are going to visit a Very Special Blog Friend this weekend. I wonder if you can guess who that might be?

17 comments:

  1. We don't like the look of that 'wee nose hat.' Glad you could still give her a raspberry!

    Congrats on your exam results, though we expected nothing less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bertie - A wee nose hat ? You were had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A WHAT!?! I finks that deserves more than ONE gravy bone Bertie!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bertie,
    Geez Wiz I guess your vet does not want you askig any questions or making small talk during your exam!!
    I know I know I know who you are visiting and I already send a supply of kitty kisses and mom hugs there for you to collect and we would greatly appreicate it if you would give your hostess the same from us.!!
    hugs and noses taps
    madi your bfff and mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bertie, we can't believe you had to wear a nose cap. That seems unnecessary. Sigh! Hope the rest of the check up went well. Wishing you luck as Ambassador.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you got good news even when you had to wear that nose sheath... maybe your vet did that to protect your nose while spiky things were around you? Will you meet aunty Yam on weekend? Or who is it? please give me a hint :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A NOSE hat?? Momma might try that next. She's always putting stupid hats on us for howlidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMD....I think Gail owes you daily belly rubs and many treats to make up for the silly nose hat fiasco!

    We sure hope you are off to visit Aunty YAM!!

    We are headed over to read about your ambassadorship opportunity!
    Happy St. Patrick Day Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  9. WE think you will be seeing YAM-aunty... butt we have been know to be Wrong on an occasion or 87.

    OMD a WEE NOSE HAT???? THAT is EVER so WRONG. Not a good look fur you buddy.
    BUTT... at least you got (as expected) a GLOWING Repawt from the MAD HATTER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ut oh
    Snorts and a woof,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  11. well a nose hat is such an indignity !

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think da nose hat deserves a wee bitey.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never had one of those things on but indignity when they put their finger up your bum why that is just the worse thing ever. Things are suppose to come
    out not go in that orifice.
    Well the person you might be meeting might be the person I am meeting!
    Ponder That
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thats horrible Bertie. You better have gotten a super treat!!

    Wags
    Addi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Bertie,

    THAT is truly offensive. People. Sigh.

    Licks,
    Cobi

    ReplyDelete
  16. A MUZZLE??? I son't even get a muzzle...Oh Bertie...What an insult. I'm sorry. I hope the Ambassador people dont see this post...

    -Otto

    ReplyDelete