Thursday 25 June 2020

Bertie Barks Back



It has come to my notice that on Monday this week my owner Gail hijacked my blog and wrote a long and rambling post in which she somehow implied that I was teetering on the brink of decrepitude.

Frankly, I was appalled and offended. Where to begin? 

Well, for starters, the words 'pot', 'kettle' and 'black' come to mind...

I mean, I think we can safely say there is only one resident of this household whose right knee makes ominous crunching noises every time she tries to follow 'PE with Joe'...

Whereas, it will be obvious from these photos taken on yesterday's walk in the woods...

...that there's plenty life in this (not so very) old dog yet! 

Toodle pip! 
Bouncing Bertie (for whom the word 'zoom' doesn't just mean a video call).

15 comments:

  1. ha! the knee of the mama makes da same noise.. like a door in a spooky house LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    BOL - you show 'er, Bertie lad!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx
    (who knows only too well about crunchy joints!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Bertie, you're a mere pup, and I bet you don't have crunchy knees!

    Love,
    Inca xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Bertie...revenge is SWEET
    I loved this the words 'pot', 'kettle' and 'black'. I have a knee much like Gail's
    And yes you are displaying lots of spunk on your trek...Keep it up sweet spry friend.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly look super fit to us Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom has that same crunching/cracking knees when she kneels down and gets back up.
    Go, Bertie, Go! You're as fit as a fiddle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bertie, I'm hijacking the female human's account. I'm 14yo, got arthuritis in my shoulders and hips. I watch my weight, the human's give me sardines for treats. Your still a yung pup. Enjoy. I have cataracts in both eyes as well, so the rabbits have life a bit easier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know, right?? Humans are SO big on saying insulting stuff abouts us when they're the silly ones with problems.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crunching knees are a feature in this house....and it's not the canines. Bertie we're sure you'll be zooming way ahead of Gail for a long time to come!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We would agree - there is a lot more "bounce" in Bertie!!!

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bertie, my friend, the term "old" does not apply. My cardis are just "edging their way into the older years."

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you are just slowing down to match your mom's space.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Bertie, Ma does the same thing. Says that I've slowed down, when she's the one that moans every time she bends down...or gets up.....
    I say ignore the peeps shade, and just do you Bertie! Bouncin' and smilin'!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are some wonderful action shots of you, Bertie! Ane we are ALL getting older, so we all just do what we can so that we can keep enjoying our walks!

    Kiki and Rosie

    ReplyDelete