Sunday 7 June 2020

Saturday outdoors and in


You could see the clouds were gathering when we took an afternoon stroll on the Aberdeen City Beach.

By evening the Scottish weather had fully reverted to type. 

So I settled down on the sofa with Gail and she brought out her latest knitting project.

Inspecting progress so far, I noted that I thought this jumper was going to be far too big, unless I was fed a lot of cake in the next month or two. You can imagine how shocked and dismayed I was when Gail said this one was intended for her not me! 
'Frost and fir' pullover pattern picture

But I soon overcame my disappointment and dozed off again.

An hour or so later, the needles were still clack-clacking away and, starting to feel neglected, I gave Gail my best "I need a tummy rub" look.

And adopted the appropriate pose. 

Gail held out for a minute or two, but eventually succumbed, as she always does. 

So all was well, until it was time for the TV news, and then I had to cover my eyes. 
 

15 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Bertie lad, how could she resist that darling tummy-tum-tum??! I must say, I am impressed with the larger knitting project... I have been learning how to crochet 'slippers'. Rather successfully, so watch out for piccies of those in due course! Weather by the Hutch is fair to middling, but requiring warm clothing. Sigh... Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know just how that story goes, Bertie. I"m so happy you got your tummy rub! Gail's sweater is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phod uses the same tricks for belly rubs! We can't stomach much news these days. The world is a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMDs Bertie you had two seasons in one day.
    Thank goodness the GOOD season was during your stroll.
    Gail is going to have a most beautiful pullover ready for the cold Scottish days. I'm am very allergic to wool. Just wondering what type of yarn Gail uses.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gail is the opposite. She loves 100% wool and it's the only yarn she will ever knit with!

      Delete
  5. OH and PS you have perfected that poorpitifullovemelook
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a snuggly day you had Bertie...except for that whole news thing.
    xoxo,
    Rosy, Jakey & Arty

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you had a great day Bertie. You sure know how to work it for a tummy rub. Our mom thinks Gail's sweater will be beautiful and can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so comfortable on the ottoman, and we recognize that belly rub face.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like it was a lovely night at home on a rainy night, well, except until the news came on the TV!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Bertie, that's one beautiful sweater Gail is knitting!
    Now don't be mean, and just think how proud you'll be to walk beside her when the weather is cold, and she's all snuggled up inside it. Our humans do suffer from not having the right "furs" for the winter, so have to knit themselves something to stay warm.
    We don't watch the TV news these days - it's all so sad.

    Love,
    Inca xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you got those tummy rubs, Bertie. The peeps here can't resist a begging belly either:)

    Woos, Lightning and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Bertie, that sweater is gonna be FABulous! Ma is all kinds of jealous of Gail's knitting skills!
    You are one sly WFT! Tummie rubs are the bestest, and that is a good way of getting the peep's attention!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. We cover our eyes for the news too, Bertie. I love that sweater so don't distract Gail too much. She is so talented!

    ReplyDelete