Monday 7 September 2020

A word about dog parking provision


Gail, there is an important issue I wish to talk about today. Parking provision for dogs.

Oh yes Bertie? (Gail replies, with eyebrows raised quizzically.) And what prompted this particular concern?

Well do you remember how you tied me up at the 'dog park' outside the shop in Contin, on our way back from Torridon on Friday?

I do indeed Bertie. Good of the store to have special place for you, I thought. They even provided a bowl of water.

But Gail, did you not notice the overall poor quality of the facility?

Frankly Bertie, I did not. Tell me, what exactly was the problem?

Where to begin! First off, the dog parking spot was fully exposed to the elements whereas had they placed it on the other side of the door, I would have enjoyed protection from the rain. Secondly, the bowl was almost empty, containing less than a half inch of slimy, scummy water. Thirdly, given that the shop is on the increasingly popular North Coast 500 route, I think there should have been a security guard present in case some passing holidaymaker decided to kidnap me. Since Covid-19, us dogs are an increasingly valuable asset, as you know. Fourthly, you'll see that my lead is twisted around my front leg, and that should never have been allowed to happen....

Bertie, your complaints are getting increasingly ridiculous. Since when, pray, did you mind getting rained on, or balk at lapping up scummy water? As for your lead, well I think you only have yourself to blame for that. I will agree you are a most precious asset, but I was only in the shop for the time it took to buy a drink, and you were out of my sight for just a few seconds. And anyway, as far as I'm aware, kidnapping of dogs on the NC 500 is not prevalent. Really, I hope you are not turning into a grumpy old dog.

"Grumpy" "old" dog? Never! 

I would like to remind you that I am a good natured and remarkably youthful looking ten year old. Who deserves valet parking.

14 comments:

  1. we agree with you a dog park needs some more equipment... or we would suggest to remove the sign and to welcome dogs inside ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    BOL - oh dear Bertie lad... that was quite the list. Gail seems to have sorted the chiff from the chaff, though, and not taken it personally... a letter to the shop might yield results. A compawnsayshun treat through the post maybe... Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think ya should just get to go into whatever shop ya want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wasn't very nice for you Bertie! We do hope that in future Gail will pay more attention to where she leaves you!
    I don't think I've ever been tied up and left anywhere - normally I just stay in the car, in the shade, with the windows down.

    Love,
    Inca xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bertie Bertie Bertie...such treatment for a valuable asset such as Y O U...calls for a public hearing....not for GAIL mind you...but for the poor quality of the water...I mean who in their right mind wants to drink slimy water.
    Oh and while you are at it lets demand a proper cush for your valuable tush.

    BOL BOL
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Valet parking! Now that's something we would like to see! Can you imagine how nice that would be? A nice place for a pup to rest and maybe scarf a cookie while our owners do a little shopping! Sounds like a business opportunity!

    Kiki and Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  7. It would be easier if you could just go into the store.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so well-behaved, Bertie, and definitely should be allowed inside.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We think you should be allowed in the shop like dogs in France are. Why do those French dogs get all the privileges but we don't?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Millie and Walter,
      I ask myself the same question. A select few shops in the UK do allow dogs inside, but sadly not very many.
      Toodle pip!
      Bertie.

      Delete
  10. Bertie, we think your concerns were quite valid indeed. But thankfully you only had to endure such conditions for a very short time. We hope the rain stayed away:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  11. We think your complains are justified. Better dog provisions should have been provided. We do not think this makes you grumpy or Old. Just asserting your RIGHTS.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bertie, you need to download the YIP app so you can leave these comments on line.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi hi hi! Ojo here! Dog parking is illegal here! The humans are not allowed to tie us up outside anywhere! I think for me this is a good thing. And for you - Bertie you are indeed a valuable asset, your Gail is lucky you were not dog-napped!

    ReplyDelete