Thursday 23 January 2020

More fun on Morven?


Fellow pups, have you ever been out for a walk and spotted a group who look like they might be more fun that your own human(s)?

It happened to me on Monday.

Making the most of the uncommonly fine winter weather, Gail took me for a hike up Morven, which as you know is our favourite Aberdeenshire hill.

We thought we had the place to ourselves, but as we were approaching the summit plateau, a bunch of young hill runners, accompanied by a sprightly Labrador, sped past, and I decided to join them.

Now Gail claims to be tolerably fit for her age, so I presumed she'd be able to keep up with my youthful new friends. OK, so yes I did hear her frantically calling "wait Bertie, WAIT!" but, well, I guess I'm not the first middle aged male to forget himself in the excitement of chasing after younger companionship...

Did I mention that a gale force westerly was blowing in our faces? ('Fine weather' is always a relative term in Scotland.) So anyway I pretended not to hear Gail and continued up the hill with my new pals.

I could of course have kept up with the runners all the way, but in the end I took pity on poor old Gail, puffing and panting with exertion as the gap between us widened, and I waited for her to catch up.

By the time we reached the summit, my new friends were disappearing over the far side of the hill while I, as usual, obliged with my best windswept poses. (You'll notice that for some reason my walking string is attached at this point...)



15 comments:

  1. that was nice to wair for your Gail... and the sight from that hill is absolutely worth any effort, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're sure that wind interfered with you hearing Gail's calls. You are such a considerate dog, waiting for a puffed out companion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dunno, most people we see look like they need to be barked at.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    Oh yes, I too was thinking the wind was against Gail and thus away from your ears... but at least you thought to stop and let her catch up!!! I bet you slept well that night. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bertie you crack me up!!!
    OMDs it appears you have selective hearing...or was it the wind keeping you from listening to Gail.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful blue sky day you had. We can see why you would enjoy a brisk run Bertie. It was nice of you to stop and wait for Gail though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Bertie, what a hoot you are! But you would expect Gail to keep up wouldn't you, and you were most considerate to wait for her at the top. Good job Gail wasn't too puffed to take those splendid photos of your handsome self.
    My human has just said that I should point out that I'd be running with Gail, as I'm definitely not a sprightly Labrador!

    Love
    Inca xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, it's so much fun joining new people on walks! And running is healthy for humans. It's good of you to encourage Gail to do it more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you had such a wonderful time. It looks like you made some great new friends and dragged Gail all the way. Thanks for the share. Have a wonderful rest of your day.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful feeling it mist have been to feel the wind in your furs as you ran! We understand why you might have wanted to hook up Gail to her walking string after your run so she wouldn't lag behind on the way back ;-)
    xoxo,
    Rosy, Jakey & Arty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bless you for waiting for Gail, Bertie. What fabulous views!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tell Gail Friendship isn’t about whom you have known the longest… It’s about who came, and never left your side.
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi hi hi! Ojo here!

    Your photos always have the most beautiful places! Also, I am sure you could have kept up with the runners, of course you could have! It was nice of you to take pity on Gail! I don't understand why your walking string got attached, I'm sure you knew exactly where everyone was and you were going to come right back to Gail, right? Of course!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was awesome of you not to leave your mom behind.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That seems like it was a very exciting adventure for both of you, but maybe not in a good way for Gail!

    Kiki and Rosie

    ReplyDelete