Monday 17 October 2016

A rest day with Tootsie and a dip in the lake

You know I am going to be honest with you and say that I was not entirely sorry yesterday to be told I was having an enforced rest day staying at home with Renee and my doggy godmother Tootsie, while Gail went hiking in the mountains with Daniele.

I have even decided that Tootsie is a quite agreeable companion, despite her persistent attempts to steal my breakfast. After all, she is very small, and I guess she thinks if she had more to eat she might grow as big as me.
T

It is quite tiring, this foreign holiday business, and what's more, I have a slightly sore paw  (front right) - the result, Gail thinks, of someone treading on it a few days ago on the train to London.

Later, Gail showed me some photos of her hike, although why she imagines I would be interested in pictures of the "charming and good-looking young Italian men" they spoke to at the summit of Camoghe, I am not quite sure.
When she returned we all went for a short stroll by Lake Lugano and I got the biggest surprise of the trip so far.

Did you know that lake water can actually be quite pleasantly warm?
I had absolutely no idea!

I even, heaven forbid, considered taking my paws off solid ground and going for a swim.

20 comments:

  1. that's sure a surprise... the water in the lake of switzerland is warm? maybe there is a volcano in that lake? or the swiss people have heaters there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swimming???? Wow Bertie, that's VERY brave. What a wonderful exciting holiday you are having!!!!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari Om
    My word - I never thought I'd hear our Bertie lad being so willing to enter water!!! One would expect a glacial lake to be like - well - you know - ice... ever learning, lad, ever learning... sending some POTP for the sore tootsie (non-capital kind). Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a day spent with Tootsie and in warm water is probably better than a day in the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no Bertie not a sore paw on vacation. I sure hope it is feeling better quickly. What wonderful photos of the gorgeous vistas!!
    MOL the Italian men were the topping on the mountain for sure
    Hugs and kisses to your sore paw
    Madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your paw feels better soon. gus wants you to know he does not do water except in the Jacuzzi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WARM lake water?! Who'd've thought! BOL. Glad you're having a nice visit, and I hope your paw feels better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous photos! I wish I were there hiking with you! A couple of years ago, I took the train from London to Swansea and back...and based on that experience, it doesn't surprise me at all that someone stepped on your paw on the train to London (ouch, nevertheless!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just catching up on your marvelous adventures, Bertie. Please take care of that sore paw.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you are living in luxury over there despite Tootsie roll BOL
    Snorts,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bless I hope you paw gets better soon, clumsy folks us humans! Those Italian men looked nice, did Gail have a grin on her face when she came down from her hike? It sounds like you and Tootsie are becoming good pals. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We hope your paw feel better soon. We're glad you and Tootsie go well along. Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're not sure, but we think lakes in mainland Europe may just FEEL warm when you come from Aberdeen...BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You should try to swim, you might like it! Gail didn't swoon over those fellas did she? How embarrassing!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    Pee Ess - Be sure to get on the Blogville Christmas Card list!! The deadline is FIRM!! http://jazzis-world.blogspot.com/2016/10/news-flashnews-fash.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Charming Italian men???? My momma wishes she wuz there!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bertie, looks like your holiday is perfect. Keep on having fun. No worries, and love, Stella

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful holiday Bertie!! We can't believe you are contemplating a *gasp* swim!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bertie? IN the water!! I'm so pleasantly shocked and very impressed. I guess this is what travel is all about - having new adventures!! Awesome, Bertie!

    -Otto

    ReplyDelete