Tuesday 4 July 2017

Aberdeenshire highlights



Gosh I am sorry I haven't been around much these past few days, but between you and me, I must say I have been run off my compact little paws showing Gail's friend Janet (the Nottingham one) around all my favourite Aberdeenshire haunts.

Every visitor to these parts has to go to Dunnottar Castle where I was delighted to discover that, in addition to all the interesting (to some) history about hiding the Crown Jewels of Scotland from Oliver Cromwell etc. etc., they also now have a kiosk selling yummy ice cream.



A tour around the gardens of Crathes Castle is also a must, so I dutifully allowed Gail and Janet to wander off to look at all the flowers while I waited patiently in the car.


Rules for dogs are not so strict at the Forvie Sands Nature Reserve. The regulations are clearly stated on a noticeboard at the entry point, which I think is polite.




No trip to this part of the world is complete without ascent of Bennachie to inspect the Pictish hill fort, and I am pleased to report that, once I had gently reminded Janet that quality tour guides expect rewards, she duly delivered the goods.


Finally, back home in the evenings, I was able to show Janet the correct way to relax after a nice day out in my home territory.

16 comments:

  1. Nice one Bertie! You should get honourary Blue Badge Guide status for your tours. Have you ever visited Brew Dog in central Aberdeen? I went last year with clients and with it being dog friendly... there were lots of dogs too! Oh and the beer tasting was pretty good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what a cool place!!! you need no leash and you can eat ice cream... and they even have ice cream snout-coolers...pawsome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    WTG Bertie lad... funny thing, last night I was thinking I had not seen your handsome features up on screen for a while. Glad to see it was for the finest of reasons!!! (Am a tad grouchy that you got to do all this with the sun showing face. We have had a week of rain and fog...) Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had an fabulous and exhausting time dear Bertie. What is next Bus trip tour Guide?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like an awesome place to visit and you are lucky to get to be off leash on a beach!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh Bertie...you have such special friends.
    We are glad you got the treats you deserved and thank you for sharing your lovely country with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMCs Bertie not only is your WFT tail purrfect your WFT nose fits purrfectly into an I SCREAM cup. Mom was a tad jealous when she saw that photo. She would love to be able to lick the bottom of an I SCREAM cup.
    You and Gail were great hosts to Janet she has a lovely happy visitor smile and best of all you shared your napping techniques.
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like it was great fun! We like the beach sign too BOL! BUTT most of all we like how you eat ice cream!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a wonderful tour guide Bertie, we are glad you were awarded with some nommy ice cream!
    xoxo
    Arty & Jakey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Bertie,

    That looks like a pawesome place to visit! That Beach looks amazing, and I bet there were so many smells in the grasses!

    And - WAIT. Did you say ICE CREAM??? ICE CREAM??? Hurray for ice cream!!!!

    What was I saying? I don't remember. ICE CREAM!!! (Did you save me any?)

    Licks,
    Cobi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bertie, it seems that Janet was the perfect guest, and knew exactly how to reward you - the perfect tour guide.

    Love,
    Inca xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another grand outing, Bertie. And what a nice paper nose you have.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We understand not sitting around a screen, when there are visitors and it looks like the weather was cooperative! You are a fantastic Aberdeen Ambassadog....and deserve lots of treats.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful outing! I love the beach too..and ice cream :-) Nose licks and love from Moth xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ice Cream does sound good...Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  16. All sounds so fun and like you were the perfect guide - except the part about you being left in the car. Hope you got some good treats for that one!

    ReplyDelete