Thursday 27 October 2016

Thank You Letter to Tootsie

Aberdeen, Scotland.
27th October 2016.

Dearest Doggy Godmother,

I would like to thank you and your lovely Pawrents very much for your inviting me stay with you in Switzerland, and for being such wonderful hosts. It was also very kind of you to allow Gail to come with me – I do understand that humans can be quite high maintenance guests, so your tolerance was much appreciated.

Oh and Tootsie, I laugh about it now but can you believe that on the first morning of my visit I really did think you were stealing my food! Of course, I now realise this accusation was most unjust. Tootsie, it was SO kind of you to volunteer to taste my kibble – I mean, who knows what they might be putting into these foreign foodstuffs?   Although, may I respectfully suggest that in future, it is not necessary to consume the entire bowlful (in addition to your own breakfast).

You live in such a beautiful country, and I so enjoyed our walks together. The chestnut woods on the hill near your home in Caslano are just gorgeous, despite the going being a little prickly underfoot at this time of year, and I do appreciate your diligence in performing your godmotherly role by taking me to the wee chapel near the hilltop. Truly, the spiritual side of my development has not to date received the nourishment it deserves.

One thing, just between you and me – and please don’t let Gail see this - I must tell you I felt so comfortable and safe staying with you and Renee and Daniele that I barely even noticed it when Gail abandoned me to visit her elderly family friend Vera in Luzern for a couple of days. Of course, Gail came back babbling on about how happy she was to have seen Vera again, and how she briefly thought she'd met one of Blogville's Doodz on Luzern's famous Kapellbrücke, but I honestly think I was better off relaxing in the apartment with you, enjoying gentle strolls down to the lake and lots of kisses and cuddles.

Yes, all in all, it was a perfect holiday in every respect! I do hope that one day you can come to visit me in Scotland and allow me to return the hospitality.

Toodle pip!
Your loving Doggy Godson Bertie.



24 comments:

  1. that was a super sweet letter to Tootsie!!! and yes, that sure was Murphy... he maybe was indognito in switzerland to check the secret blogville safe deposit box?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bertie what a well written and heartfelt thank you to Renee and Daniele and Tootsie. They were very kind to invite you and Gail. I'm still laughing at Tootsie taste testing your kibble. You know things always look extra yummy on someone else's bowl.
    Golly geez that Dood does look like Murphy.

    Yep I let mom rub my front toes BUT she better not rub the back or she might draw back a bloody nub.
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best thank you note I have read in eons. A lost art for sure. Thank YOU for sharing your trip with us!

    Gus n Teka

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a heartfelt letter to Tootsie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had the most wotten-waven trip to see Tootsie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so nice to remember to write the thank you note! It is so impawtent for a doggie with proper manners! While that Dood was indeed handsome I can confirm it was not me. I am smaller. That Dood looked about Stanley's size. Perhaps Stanley dyed his furs and was trying to look like me!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful thank you letter, Bertie. We are sure Tootsie had just as good of time with you(and your breakfasts)
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That really is an excellent thank you letter Bertie, and one that is sure to get you another invitation before long. It's good to know that the art of letter writing is not lost.
    Petite-Chose and Inca xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, that does look like one of the Doodz. Great holiday...except for the kibble incident.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gentleman you are Bertie!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet letter to Tootsie ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  12. You haf the most pawsome good manners Bertie. I am sooo glad you enjoyed your spectacular adventure
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Impeccable manners, Bertie. What a wonderful time you had. It was such fun coming along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. O.K. Bertie so you just hop over to Italy because it was so close for a meal and Italy just happens to have an earthquake after you leave ~ what the devil did you do Bertie!
    Thanks for being a friend
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely letter to Tootsie :-) Very gentlemanly of you to forgive the over enthusiastic "tasting" of your food - not sure that I would have been so kind BOL - nose licks and love from Moth xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dearest Sir Bertie,

    That was such a sweet letter! It was wotten waven having you and Gail here. Thank you so much for coming!

    BTW, I've been keeping myself busy checking out the pee-mail you left me on our local trails.

    Love,
    Tootsie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Gail and Bertie! I must tell you its a pleasure to read your enjoyable activities as compared to the political madhouse we are facing. Trump is behaving like a mad man, Clinton seems to be in further trouble with the FBI and thee election is only 11 or so days away. I think I shall stay with you two, and Bob and Sophia, and a few more pups/people until its all over with, you are all most calming! Cheers, Jo and Stella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo and Stella,
      Great to hear from you. Gail and I have fingers and paws crossed here that Trump does not win. Brexit was bad enough for one year.
      Toodle pip!
      Bertie (and Gail).

      Delete
    2. Bertie I think Jo's World is right and I will be joining them in staying with you or Yam or Easy!
      Move over because us in the States might be moving to that side of the pond.
      Sweet William The Scot

      Delete
  18. Bertie, that was a lovely letter.
    Your Furend
    Louis Dog Armstrong

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bertie-
    That was a very lovely thank you letter. They will be inviting you back very soon!!

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi hi hi! Ojo here! It sounds like your friend Tootsie is pawesome! I hope you get to visit again sometime! (Or maybe Tootsie will come see you??)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bertie - View the North Sea ferry as a dry run for the ferry from Ullapool to Harris.

    ReplyDelete