Tuesday 4 October 2016

Taco Day: Remembering Jazzi

Today I am remembering my dear sweet friend Angel Jazzi, and celebrating her favourite day of the year.

But I think it is time my readers learned the truth about how Gail and I celebrate Taco Day in Aberdeen, so here is a step-by-step guide.

Step 1: We google 'Mexican food, Aberdeen' and come up with a short list of restaurants that is, er, very short indeed.


Step 2: Gail heads off on her bike to some new eatery in the city centre that promises to bring authentic Mexican cuisine to Aberdeen.


Step 3: She returns home with a box containing an over-priced but underwhelming combination of corn tortilla, meat, lettuce and salsa.


Step 4: She then proceeds to eat the contents of the box, reserving a MINISCULE piece of meat for Yours Truly.


Step 5: Finally, Gail assures me that Mexican food really can be great, so long as you are somewhere in or near Mexico, or a Mexican community, neither of which is the case if you live in Aberdeen.

Oh well, at least this year I was able to comfort myself with the lovely piece of green blanket from Addi's bed, which arrived in the parcel with the monkey toy I told you about in my previous post.
 

And anyway, it is impossible not to smile and feel all warm inside when remembering Jazzi.


17 comments:

  1. Bertie - Mexican food and a monkey toy. Life's sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Deary me... Gail may have been better off financially and taste-buds-ways going to the local supermart to obtain the necessary packets! Still and all. I's impawssed that there is a Mexican outlet at all in Aberdeen. Random, but impawssive none-the-less! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    pee ess - are you all packed? Are you all excited?? Are you ready for the off??? Yx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gail says: Yes you are right - a homemade taco would have been a much better idea.
      There is a pile of clothes, travel documents and treats for Bertie accumulating on the bed in the spare room. We are both excited!

      Delete
  3. Bertie...Gail wins the prize for research and creativity on Taco Day. I bet dollars to donuts she is the only 2 legger who rode her bike to the Taco Cafe.
    Good buddy you are doing better than me I don't even get a sampling of meat but I do get a piece of grated (one measly piece) cheese. Bertie you look adorable sleeping with Addi's blankie
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy celebration. I'm sorry the tacos weren't great.

    Ps our dad bikes home with Tacos all the time but rareky shares

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh well - at least you got to celebrate taco day a little bit

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that you got some of the insides Bertie. After all that is the most important part!! Enjoy the blanket and think of me when you go to sleep my dear Bertie!!

    Wags
    Addi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bertie, you have heart of gold, even though you have an empty stomach!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, you got a treat for all senses! No one agrees on what good Mexican food really is anyway!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have on overabundance of mexican eateries in our town - even taco food trucks!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  10. We DO have ONE new Mexican restaurant in Dubbo; but SHE just bought the shells, and we had our usual weekend dinner in a shell...BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We just love Taco Day...it's such a wonderful way to remember Jazzi AND it is tasty too!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bertie, it's true that Gail might have been a wee bit more generous with the taco, but what a charmed life you lead. And with adventures and fondue in your future, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Momma said you can find good Mexican food in surprising places sometimes. She had some really grreat stuff at a little hole in the wall in Liechtenstein once!

    ReplyDelete