Saturday 7 August 2010

I've got spots too Katie!

There is this dearest little foxy terrier called Katie who lives in Iowa U.S.A. I think that many of you already know her. She's almost exactly the same age as me and, although we've never met and I'm told I'm too young for that sort of thing, I think of her as my very own sweetheart.

Well last week she posted a lovely picture on her blog, showing off her newly developed and totally adorable dappled look. Like sunshine on a forest floor. I do hope she doesn't mind me showing the photo again.
Hmm. So it seems that a pseudo-dalmation appearance is the in thing at the moment.

Well I don't have any cute little polka dots any on my back, at least not yet, but, Katie, I don't want you to go thinking I'm completely spot free. It's just that us Scots lads like to hide our light under bushel (and no I'm not talking about the kilt business.....)
Yes that's right, I have spotty paws!
Rather fine don't you think Katie?
Now Katie, I would like just a word in private.

A little bird has told me that you were flirting with your celebrity visitor Jake a few days ago. That's Jake of Two Special Wires fame.

Tell me it isn't true!

PS And Katie, something even more private. It's a bit, er, embarrassing but I don't want us to have any secrets from each other. How to put this nicely? Well, since we were on the subject of Scotsmen and kilts, you know what you see if the wind blows the kilt out of postion? Two round dangly 'boys bits'. Well so far it seems I only have one of them.

Please don't tell anyone else.

17 comments:

  1. Uhhhh, Bertie, since this seems to be a private letter to your girlie, Katie, I won't read it, but just will wish you and your Mum Gail and very pleassant weekend!

    Kisses,
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bertie...
    you may 'overshare' any time!
    We love your spots as well as your affliction (?). I am sure Katie will too.
    Sending lotsaluv to the cute little lad and his mom!
    MAXMOM IN SA

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those spotted paws! gizmo has a spot on his tongue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just love your spotted paws, Bertie!

    Aire-hugs,
    Penny & Patches

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Katie looks so very cute with her Dalmation back. You though Bertie are a cutie paotie! Quite cheeky though, but your just a pup!

    woo woos, Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. We didn't know WFT could be spotty like that. Is Katie as cheeky as you?

    We like your spotty paws. Hope you are having a good weekend.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool. Katie has chocolate chip feets
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Berti
    I LOVE your spots and in such a cool place. Yes, Katie does look cute with all her spots!!!

    wags
    Jazzi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bertie,

    Your spotted paws are so cute! I'm a golden retriever with spots, but my spots are on the back of my tounge so people have to get to know me very well before they see them.

    Woofs,
    Riley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Bertie you have lovely pads, and Kate is a good looking girl, your secrets safe with me.
    See Yea George xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bertie! I was alarmed and distracted by your final revelation. Only one bit? Surely there must be another one someplace. Do keep looking. It is hard to get the old clang clang going when you are lopsided. Sort of like one hand clapping.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  12. Uhhhh darling boy, listen when you talk to your girlfriend ahhh kind of privately, don't forget WE ARE ALL LISTENING IN.. so you have to get Gail to get you a cell phone to talk in private. I have one and it is pink and it does have a few teeth marks and stuff but is INVALUABLE for times like this.. We have spots too... on our feet( Arch liked the chocolate chip feet comment) and on our tummies well really everywhere..... Love and kisses A+A

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahh Bertie my boy. Are you ticklish on your terrier tootsies? Sheese. Mom Square's just kissed every one of your cute polka dotted paws. Even though I have polka dot feet too AND mine smell perfect. Just like digestive biscuits!!! But suppose you being north of the border and all, yours might be more highland shortbread. Haaaaa!!! Wish I had smell-o-vision and television cos I bet Gail's soon going to be sniffing your paws!!!

    Wiry love Uncle Eric

    Haaaa Bertie!!! How wagging!!! You made Miss Enid pass out, clean head over wheels, after reading your Pee S. As she crashed down she was mumbling something bout if one must bark about their privates... they should do it in private...

    I say you keep looking for that light up and under your bushel Bertie. Got to be there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aaw Bertie what gorgeous paws you have. WE are delighted Katie is your very special friend and you can rest assured we didn't read your private note to Katie............. Well Ok we sort of glanced. Don't worry too much Bertie.

    Molly, Taffy and Monty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Spotted paws, indeed - how unique.


    XOXO
    Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Ruairi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Dear little Bertie,
    we have missed you loads and loads.
    Isn't little Katie adorable, spots and all - we can see how you would be smitten.
    Now Jake is far too old for little Katie so you mustn't worry too much.
    We confess to reading your private message to Katie - our advice is just to keep these matters to oneself - who says you have to have two!
    love and kisses
    Aunties Martha and Bailey xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Geez Berts, you only got one family jewel? Just so your Mum knows, if you ever get "tutored" it costs extra to find the one that didn't drop off the tree - if you catch our drift on this. But maybe's your going to populate Scotland with little Berties, in which case, you can get along with one - we're behind you big guy - not literally of course, just figuratively. We have to end this because we have gotten into territory that we are not sure we can evacuate from. BOL!

    Love, Dozer and Coop

    ReplyDelete